I am surprised at how neglectful I have already become of this blog; I will make more of an effort to document my life as it happens (hence, the label name). What does April mean to you? April has been a refreshing change of pace for me. The sun is out and it's time to play. For me, my choice of activity is eating. I love to eat. I love to try new foods as well as make my own. Whether it's $1 breakfast at ikea or $200 at a fine dining restaurant in Vancouver, I love the happy and warm feeling a full stomach brings - and believe me, that feeling occurs on a daily basis. Drumroll please...let the foodporn begin in no particular order (because I can't remember the order):
My baby made me Korean Japchae & Seafood Pancake..OMG. He's a pretty good chef and I'm impressed at the variety of cuisines he has provided me so far. He defintely knows that the way to my heart is my stomach.....and letting me get my way. Hehehe.
My bestfroomie & I cook up three kinds of crab: bbq, steamed, thai curry. We actually went to T&T and picked out two crabs that were live and kicking. I was sad and relieved that they got killed on the spot. I was actually hoping to take it home so that my cat could have a new friend. *sigh* Oh well...I enjoyed every version of you Mr. Pinchy.
I wanted to suprise baby for a fancy meal at the Cannery the night before they were to close their doors FOREVER. I was so excited about going that I told him probably the day after I made the reservation. Me and my big mouth. =(
Seafood platter @ The Cannery. This was such a wonderful dish. For $40 you could sample oysters, mussels, candied salmon, lobster claws, shrimp, and scallops with two kinds of sauces (tomato and rasberry). I'm pretty sure after this appie I really didn't need anymore food but you know me, I'm greedy greedy greedy.
Salmon Wellington @ the Cannery..I love this so so much!
Albeit I've never had Salmon wellington anywhere else, I'm sure that this is the best out there. Fresh salmon topped with a thin layer of pate and carefully wrapped in a butterly light flaky pastery. I will learn to make you one day. I promise.
Sablefish in miso sauce @ The Cannery. You are good..but not Salmon Wellington good.
Happy 15th Month Anniversary and day I got offered my new job. Baby took me to Guu on Robson @ Denman as a congratulatory meal cuz he knows how to treat a woman. Particularly me. No. Scratch that. Only me. I think I've brainwashed him so well into everything I like that he'll probably never know how to please another woman again. LOL. oops?
Inside bar or Guu on Robson
Amaebi Sashimi...slimy and sweet
Ebi mayo
Yaki-Udon
Mushroom & seafood pastry
Takoyaki
Joe's Grill on Denman for brunch
Eggs Benedict (I actually don't like hollandaise sauce..its tasteless!)
My favorite commies
Saturday night at Kobe for my Seatown friend's something something birthday. Happy birthday girl!! You never seem to age. I hope I stay that babyfaced when I'm your age.
Overall, this restaurant is all ambience and food-court terriyaki by the $1.59 per 100 grams at the mall style. I can't believe my dinner and drink cost $40 (would have been $60 if I didn't have my awesome coupon). Oh well..at least I felt like a rockstar for an evening, rolling in to some swanky downtown restaurant where a personal chef does tricks and cooks for me. Ooooh...'fiyah fiyah!'
Kobe Steakhouse downstairs bar
Birthday girl is in the middle! Thanks for coming all the way up from Seatown. The other girl on the far right is one of my favorite girls in the world. Can't wait to post up pics of my trip with her in Miami in the next couple of weeks! =)
Our table at Kobe
The fellas + CinCin
Sippin' a delicious chi chi outta budda's belly (I'm surprised the restaurant would do this actually...I'm sure it will offend half the asian population since most are buddhists).
Our chef for the evening! This guy was so awesome. He didn't do as many cool tricks as I thought he would, but he was very warm and fobby so that was good enough. LOL.
The tried and true: Cactus Club Cafe, home of the foxy ladies in black
Happy 24th birthday!! Cactus club plate of desserts. MMM delicious. I'm pretty sure I had more than you. For you readers oggling at her picture, please refrain yourself. She is taken. Don't act surprised.
My two favorite party-ers hands down. I love that we can drink anywhere, anytime, dressed up or dressed down. The girl in the gray and I go way back. Let's call her "K" as I will probably refer to her lots in this blog (if she lets me). Never in my life have I met someone as genuine and care-free as this girl. She is sweet and drama-free, the two most important traits I look for in a girl friend.
Some salmon in tofu pocket thing. Not bad, but overpriced for what it is. Also, I just don't like rice cold unless it's sushi; though, it essentially was like sushi since it was rice wrapped in something. But when do you ever eat tofu cold? I felt like screaming 'make up your mind?!?!"
My old friend Ling Ling and I at her 25th birthday party!
Yet another birthday party (so many April babies!!) Happy quarter of a century Ling! I can't believe I've known you since we were 14 years old..that's almost half our lives you know? Anyways, the birthday girl decided to host her b-day bash at Steamworks and then party it up at library square. Delicious choices. (See my lobster ravioli pic below)
So buttery and delicious. Every morsel was light and creamy with just the right touch of sauce. (I hate when things are doused in sauce). We got some cream-cheese baked mushroom caps as well but I forgot to take pics of that. Woe is me.
Us & some friends at Library square for the 90s-themed birthday party. Awesome drunk times.
Hahaha. Don't kill me. I finger point when I dance. I know no other dance move.
Making pesto from scratch in a magic bullet. It's not magic. It's crap.
Tada! The finished product. My favorite pesto recipe in the whole wide world.
Breakfast: the only reason I get out of bed.
Breakfast with my baby at Bamboo cafe...I love breakfast. Defintely favorite food of the day!! I like to use my spoon to cut around the egg white of a easy-over/over-easy? (i always mix that up) styled-egg, scoop up the yolk, put the WHOLE THING in my mouth and then pop it so the yolk is gushing everywhere inside. O-M-G..if that ain't heaven, I don't know what is.
My favorite cheap food that is not a burger chain.....
....ikea. LOL. Ikea has some of the best choices for the lowest prices, all day everyday. Everythign on that tray was delicious. I highly recommend the cheddar cheese and broccoli soup too. Creamy and flavorful. Similar to the quiznos ones for less! The chicken was not bad. Standard white style chicken. Oops. Did I say that out loud? I like to peel off the skin in its entirety and stuff it in my face. YUM YUM YUM. I love the buttery goodness of fat.
Just looking at all these pictures again is making me feel hungry. Are you? I bet you are.
I sure do love writing overly long blog posts. I've tried to incorporate some of the things I've done in this past month along with the things I have eaten. Think about it. Food is what sustains us in life. No matter who or where we are, every living creature has that one basic need in common. Some eat to live, I live to eat. I probably take more food pictures than people pictures, but to me, they are almost one in the same. It's a social activity! When I take a picture, I reminisce about the memories I made with other people who were there with me enjoying the food...or at least within my viscinity stealing precious whiffs. LOL. Kidding.
Please post comments below..as in, I command you to or I will no longer write lengthy awesome posts about nothing. Til next time, happy eating. =)
xoxo,
Hanny
Hanny



2 comments:
Haha that's funny, I vowed on Manning's wall to make a beef wellington. He said that he'd hold his breath :P
oh my...what a delly and FAT salmon! I want eat that!!!
Post a Comment